These are specific tests that are carried out so as to be able to determine the type of food a patient is reacting towards. It’s done three hours after one has ingested the meal up to two weeks later since IgG levels will still be high until three weeks are over. Before requesting for any test, a careful history taking and thorough physical examination should be done to rule out an allergic reaction since they all present with almost similar clinical features. Tests of other diseases that present with similar symptoms should also be ordered to rule out those infections.
The importance of out these tests is because food sensitivity can result to various effects to the health of an individual including; weight loss or gain, general body weakness as food is not digested thus of less importance to the body, mal-absorption symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea and severe headaches. After successful tests one is able to avoid inclusion of foods that trigger the responses in her diet thus resolving the symptoms with time.
The tests that can be used for diagnosis include:
- IGG BLOOD TEST- it is used to determine the immunoglobulin G amount that is present in blood.You can undergo this test from
IGG testing company .The normal ranges of IgG are 75%-80% of the entire antibodies found in blood. It also shows increased antibodies for specific foods which are helpful in managing the symptoms caused by food allergies by avoiding the foods.
- Elimination of the presumed meals causing the reactions and reintroducing them one after duration of two weeks before another to confirm whether they really cause the problems experienced.
- Mediator release testing that induces peripheral cell immunity response can also be helpful in determining which kind of food one reacts to as it gives the ratio of liquids solid level when the blood is exposed and testing matter incubated with it.. The immune reaction induced is measured in blood which is assumed to be caused by antigens in food. It makes one have severe headache and fibromyalgia. The doctor thereafter is able to give the client the list of food not to eat and assist her coming up with a menu comprising to take in for a week and if effects turn positive other foods can be added slowly. Statistics have showed that this method is highly accurate as its accuracy is between 90%-95%.
- Elisa IgG also show the amount of IgG that specific foods produce thus elevated production of these antibodies becomes risky to one‘s health. This test does not determine responses elicited to additives present in food.
- The ALCAT test which uses the same mechanism as mediator release testing but its less accurate and reliable compared to mediator release testing.
Health and Food